Cloud 29 Cab Driver Jobs
Come Drive for Our Premium Taxi Service!
Cloud 29 Cab Company is looking for motivated drivers who can live up to our reputation for safety, reliability, honesty, courtesy and general awesomeness. Prior cab driving experience is not necessary.
Cruise around town in a premium van cab with state-of-the-art entertainment system and 150 satellite channels, and provide taxi services to US Marines, locals, tourists and business travelers. This is a fun job for someone who enjoys driving and talking to new people. Great income potential too!
If you have initiative and like the idea of working independently with no set limits on how much money you can make, this position may just be a perfect fit for you. Now hiring full-time and part-time taxi drivers!
Interested? Find out if you meet our hiring criteria.
- Age 23-63 (required for insurance purposes).
- California driver's license.
- At least 5 years of driving experience (minimum 2 years in US).
- Safe, defensive driver with excellent DMV record (no recent at-fault accidents).
- No DUI or Reckless Driving violations.
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Responsible, dependable and honest.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good verbal communication, in person and on the phone.
- Available on Fridays & Saturdays.
- Fun, outgoing personality is a plus!
- Once hired, must be able and willing to obtain taxi permit from the local transit authority.
- Must have iPhone or Android Smartphone.
- Must reside in the High Desert (Twentynine Palms residents preferred).
As is standard in our industry, this is an independent contractor position. In addition to receiving dispatch calls and online bookings from Cloud 29 Cab, you are free to solicit taxi cab business on your own and build your own customer base. The more initiative you have, the more money you can make. And instead of having to wait for a paycheck, you'll be earning cash and receiving bank deposits daily! Moreover, we don't have a vehicle lease that must be paid before you start making money for yourself; when you drive for Cloud 29 Cab, money flows into your own pocket starting with your very first ride. We also offer flexible scheduling, free training and a great work environment.
In order to be considered for this position, please email jobs [at] cloud29cab [dot] com with ALL of the following:
- Your resume or 1-2 paragraphs describing your work history.
- Your driving history (include the number of years you've been driving and list any tickets or accidents with approximate dates).
- Your location (street address and/or town of residence; if you know the approximate distance from your home to the Marine Base, please include it).
- Your phone number and the best time to call.
US Marine Corps veterans and family members are especially encouraged to apply!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Our taxis are top-of-the-line minivans featuring:
- Contoured Leather Seats for 6 Passengers
- Automatic Doors & Liftgate
- Digital Multi-Zone Climate Control
- Satellite Radio (150+ Premium Channels)
- Overhead DVD with On-Board Movies
- Premium Sound System
- USB Ports, Bluetooth and AUX Connections
Our Service Area
Cloud 29 Cab Company is licensed by the MBTA to pick you up anywhere in the Morongo Basin:
- Twentynine Palms
- 29 Palms Marine Base (MCAGCC)
- Wonder Valley
- Joshua Tree
- Yucca Valley
- Morongo Valley
Please note that our taxi service operates primarily in the City of Twentynine Palms and on the 29 Palms Marine Corps Base. Often we're also available in Joshua Tree. In other parts of the Morongo Basin, availability may depend on us having a taxi in your area when you call or require a 10-15 mile minimum fare. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but given the distances between our High Desert communities and the cost of fuel, driving 30 minutes for a 5-minute fare is simply not feasible. Thanks for understanding.
We can drop you off anywhere the roads will take us: in-town, out-of-town, even out-of-state.